- Major player in UK online Price Comparison market
- Spending +£50m on mix of ATL/Brand media and Direct Response (chiefly PPC)
- Latter had risen from c.30% spend at launch to c>65%
- Share decline: Brand weakening vs competition
- Hypothesis that more ATL/Brand spend would help reverse this
- But existing effectiveness analysis showed poor returns (c. 50p per £1 spend ATL in short term <6 months)
- Critical need to accurately identify full Brand impacts
What we did
- Econometric analysis of 7 years data in 4 key product channels covering all key internal and external drivers of sales
- Detailed analysis of Media impacts: including the long term accumulative weight and brand equity benefits of brand investment
- We proved ATL/Brand Media impact was c.£4 per £1 in long term i.e. 8x previous assumptions
Senior management had confidence to invest significantly more in ATL/Brand media and trust in the expected results.
Sales attributed to brand media increased £16m 2017 to 2019.
Incremental margin >10* multiple of RRI fees.